The Des Moines Concours is a premier exhibition of vintage, classic and special interest collectible motor vehicles that celebrates the fine art, design evolution, and amazing innovations of motor vehicles through the years, as well as the talented designers and engineers that created them. The Concours is held in downtown Des Moines on closed streets surrounding the internationally recognized John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park that features 31 works of art by 25 of the world’s most celebrated sculptors. The Des Moines Concours is a free event and open to the public with 2019 attendance exceeding 12,000.
Criteria for vehicle acceptance include authenticity, condition, rarity, design, engineering and innovative features and historical merit. Please note that replicas, reproductions or modified vehicles will not be accepted. The application deadline is August 1st each year. Use the online application below.
Classes for the 2021 Des Moines Concours are:
- Antiques – Vehicles produced from the beginning of motor vehicles through 1927
- Early Collectibles – A broad range of cars and trucks produced between 1928 and 1942
- Atomic Age Collectibles – Vehicles with post-war styling built between 1946 and 1957
- Space Age Collectibles – Tailfins, loads of chrome, striking lights, and sleek body designs from 1958 to 1969
- Preservation – Unaltered survivors produced before 1970 with only minor updates like batteries, tires, and belts
- Classics – High-priced, low production, finely-designed automobiles produced from 1915 to 1948
- Exotics – Speed, power, and sleek, provocative designs make these cars an attraction to everyone
- American Muscle Cars – High-performance, rear-wheel drive mid- and full-size models up to 1973
- Chevrolet Corvair 60th Anniversary –Chevrolet Corvairs, built 1960 to 1969
- Ford Flathead V8 – Ford and Mercury vehicles manufactured between 1932 and 1953 with original Ford “Flathead V8” engines
- Jaguar – Grace. Space. Pace. The finest car of its class. Featuring the 60th Anniversary of the E-Type.
Application to Exhibit
Applications are no longer accepted for the 2021 Des Moines Concours. We look forward to seeing you at the Concours on September 12th, 2021.
Thank you to our partner Car Show Toolbox for providing their show management platform for our application.