Applications for the 2023 Des Moines Concours will open up in March or April.
The Des Moines Concours is a premier exhibition of vintage, classic and special interest collectible motor vehicles that celebrates the fine art, design evolution, and amazing innovations of motor vehicles through the years, as well as the talented designers and engineers that created them. The Concours is held in downtown Des Moines on closed streets surrounding the internationally recognized John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park that features 31 works of art by 25 of the world’s most celebrated sculptors. The Des Moines Concours is a free event and open to the public.
Criteria for vehicle acceptance include authenticity, condition, rarity, design, engineering and innovative features and historical merit. Please note that replicas, reproductions or modified vehicles will not be accepted. The application deadline is August 1st each year. Use the online application below.
Tentative classes for the 2023 Des Moines Concours are:
- Antiques – Vehicles produced from the beginning of motor vehicles through 1927
- Early Collectibles – A broad range of cars and trucks produced between 1928 and 1942
- Atomic Age Collectibles – Vehicles with post-war styling built between 1946 and 1957
- Space Age Collectibles – Tailfins, chrome and sleek body lines, produced from 1958 to 1969
- Preservation – Unaltered survivors produced before 1973 with only minor updates
- Classics – High-priced, low production, finely-designed automobiles produced from 1915 to 1948
- Exotics – Speed, power, and sleek, provocative designs make these cars an attraction to everyone
- American Muscle – High-performance, rear-wheel drive, mid and full-size models up to 1973
- Motorcycles – Mechanical icons that influenced cultures with their design and engineering
- Riviera 60th Anniversary – Buick’s personal luxury cars produced from 1963 to 1973
- Alfa Romeo – Celebrating the luxury/sport automobile manufacturer of Milan
- More classes to be announced!