Applications for the 2024 Des Moines Concours will open on March 1st. NOTE: after submitting an application, if you did NOT receive an email confirmation, please review your application, including the size of the images you are uploading, and resubmit. Also check your spam folder before resubmitting.
The Des Moines Concours is a premier exhibition of vintage, classic and special interest collectible motor vehicles that celebrates the fine art, design evolution, and amazing innovations of motor vehicles through the years, as well as the talented designers and engineers that created them. The Concours is held in downtown Des Moines on closed streets surrounding the internationally recognized John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park that features 31 works of art by 25 of the world’s most celebrated sculptors. The Des Moines Concours is a free event and open to the public.
Criteria for vehicle acceptance include authenticity, condition, rarity, design, engineering and innovative features and historical merit. Please note that replicas, reproductions or modified vehicles will not be accepted.
If your vehicle is accepted into the event, we use this form to create your name tag that is issued when you check into the event. Please DO NOT submit in all caps — also check spelling for accuracy. We are not responsible for misspellings or missing names. All applications need to be submitted by August 1st.
2024 Concours Class List
- Antiques – Vehicles produced from the beginning of motor vehicles through 1927
- Early Collectibles– A broad range of cars and trucks produced between 1928 and 1942
- Atomic Age Collectibles– Vehicles with post-war styling built between 1946 and 1957
- Space Age Collectibles– Tailfins, chrome, and sleek body lines, produced from 1958 to 1969
- Preservation– Unaltered survivors produced before 1974
- Classics– Luxury, limited production automobiles produced from 1915 to 1948
- Exotics– Speed, rarity, and provocative designs make these cars an attraction to everyone
- American Muscle – High-performance, rear-wheel drive, mid and full-size models up to 1973
- Motorcycles– Mechanical icons that influenced cultures with their design and engineering
- Station Wagons – American station wagons up to 1984
- Porsche – Performance on the street and on the track
- Volkswagen – 1949-1981 Volkswagens in America
Exhibitor Applications will be open starting March 1, 2024. Please check back after that date.