The 2020 Des Moines Concours d’Elegance will be held the weekend of September 12th and 13th, 2019. Please check our Facebook feed (www.facebook.com/desmoinesconcours) for the most current information.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH
14th Annual Heartlands Driving Tour.
Join us for the 14th Annual Heartlands Driving Tour on Saturday, September 12th, 2019. Read the details and purchase tickets until September 1st on the Driving Tour page.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Des Moines Concours d’Elegance at the Pappjohn Sculpture Garden in Des Moines (Grand and Locust between 12th and 16th Streets).
- FREE to the public – however, FREEWILL donations may be made to the Children’s Cancer Connection. There are marked tubes placed around the exhibit for your donations. Thank you for your generosity!
- Exhibit of more than 170 cars
- Midway featuring food, merchandise and service vendors
- Car Clubs from Des Moines area showcasing cars from members (west of 16th Street on Grand)
- Audio interviews and music throughout the day
3 p.m. Grand Awards Presentation: Join us at 13th and Grand for the presentation of Class Winners and Best of Show.
4 p.m. Roar at 4: Listen as cars fire up their engines to leave the showfield. Have your camera ready!
Q: What is the cost for the show?
A: The show is FREE to attend including the Kid’s Zone. Concessions from our food and merch vendors are priced by each vendor.
Q: I’m not a “car person”, so what’s in it for me?
A: We show cars to highlight their artistic, design, technological and historical significance. Rather than large groups of similar cars, many of our classes showcase one or two examples of each type of vehicle.
We also find many people like to find cars like family members had in the past, have only seen in video games or have had on their Bucket Lists.
Q: Where can I park?
A: There is ample public parking downtown around the showfield, including both public garages and street parking.
Q: Can I take pictures?
A: Absolutely. We encourage you to find your favorite vehicles and take lots of pictures. Feel free to share them on our Facebook page, as well.